Skip to main content

52 Things Husbands Need From Their Wives


I refuse to assemble Ikea furniture. I load the dishwasher wrong. I leave newspapers scattered on the kitchen table. A cup of caffeinated coffee after 6 p.m. will keep me tossing and turning in our shared bed until 2 a.m. According to a recent MRI, my knees need to be replaced. I’m not as patient as I need to be. I like my mom’s chili better than my wife’s. I like dairy products, but they gurgle my tummy, with unpleasant results. I have sharp toenails.

In other words, I am not the perfect husband. As a matter of fact, I have dozens more flaws that I’m not going to reveal in these pages. To be clear, we’re not talking about any of the four A’s—abuse, adultery, addiction, or abandonment—which go way beyond the definition of “flaw.” Each one of those challenges is a type of brokenness that needs repair. We’ll wrestle with some of those issues in later chapters, and more than likely they’ll require some professional counseling.


Click Here To Download The Book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus

Imagine that men are from Mars and women are from Venus. One day long ago the Martians, looking through their telescopes, discovered the Venusians. Just glimpsing the Venusians awakened feelings they had never known. They fell in love and quickly invented space travel and flew to Venus. The Venusians welcomed the Martians with open arms. They had intuitively known that this day would come. Their hearts opened wide to a love they had never felt before. The love between the Venusians and Martians was magical. They delighted in being together, doing things together, and sharing together. Though from different worlds, they reveled in their differences. They spent months learning about each other, exploring and appreciating their different needs, preferences, and behavior patterns. For years they lived together in love and harmony. Then they decided to fly to Earth. In the beginning everything was wonderful and beautiful. But the effects of Earth’s atmosphere took hold, and one morning ever...