Skip to main content

Finding Your Purpose In Life


His fears were eventually confirmed. His son returned home for a visit, obviously grappling with his faith in God. As they were conversing one day under an old oak tree, the son suddenly blurted out, “Dad, I just can’t believe in God anymore. Why, look at those pumpkins over there on the ground. They are big and heavy, yet have small and tender vines. But, this big oak tree, capable of supporting the weight of the pumpkins, only produces tiny acorns. If there was really an intelligent God of this universe, He would have placed the pumpkin on this oak tree, and the tiny acorn on the fragile vine.”

Suddenly, an acorn fell from the tree, bouncing lightly off the top of the young man’s head. As the truth slowly dawned, he sheepishly spoke, “Dad, thank God that was not a pumpkin!”


Click Here To Download The Book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval Addiction, Overcoming Your Need To Please Everyone

There is an epidemic of insecurity in our society today. Many people are insecure and feel bad about themselves, which steals their joy and causes major problems in all their relationships. I know the effect insecurity can have on lives because I experienced it myself. I know what it does to a person. Those who have been hurt badly through abuse or severe rejection, as I have, often seek the approval of others to try to overcome their feelings of rejection and low selfesteem. They suffer from those feelings and use the addiction of approval to try to remove the pain. They are miserable if anyone seems to not approve of them in any way or for any reason and they are anxious about the disapproval until they feel they are once again accepted.  Click Here To Download The Book