Skip to main content

When God Writes Your Love Story


 I’ll never forget the night Brandon broke up with me. Though it happened more than sixteen years ago, the intensity of that experience remains seared upon my memory even now. It was my sophomore year in high school. I was happy and thriving—with plenty of friends and a good-looking, popular boyfriend who seemed to worship the ground I walked on. Life was fun and fulfilling. And then, within the space of a five-minute phone conversation, my world came crashing down around me.

“I think we should break up,” Brandon told me, with a matter-of-factness that dug into me like a knife.

My trembling fingers tightened around the phone cord, and I choked back the sob that threatened to explode from my tightening lungs. This didn’t make sense. Hadn’t he said he would always love me? Hadn’t he told me, time and time again, that he could never live without me? Didn’t he appreciate the fact that I had built my entire world around him for the past eight months?

Didn’t he remember the countless hours we had spent together, declaring our devotion and love for each other and selecting names for our future children?


Click Here To Download The Book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus

Imagine that men are from Mars and women are from Venus. One day long ago the Martians, looking through their telescopes, discovered the Venusians. Just glimpsing the Venusians awakened feelings they had never known. They fell in love and quickly invented space travel and flew to Venus. The Venusians welcomed the Martians with open arms. They had intuitively known that this day would come. Their hearts opened wide to a love they had never felt before. The love between the Venusians and Martians was magical. They delighted in being together, doing things together, and sharing together. Though from different worlds, they reveled in their differences. They spent months learning about each other, exploring and appreciating their different needs, preferences, and behavior patterns. For years they lived together in love and harmony. Then they decided to fly to Earth. In the beginning everything was wonderful and beautiful. But the effects of Earth’s atmosphere took hold, and one morning ever...